These two who normally go on either side of me during church had a rare service where they got to sit side-by-side. This was going well, until they started to give each other hugs, whispering, "I love you" into each others ears.
"Girls, no more cuddling in church. You can cuddle all you want on the couch when we get home," I said sternly.
"But Mom," protested Emma, "Church is all about love!"
Monday morning during breakfast I commented to Emma that it looked like she had a runny nose. "But I'm only a little sick, Mom. About as much as a tiny baby butterfly all wrapped up in it's raccoon." "Cocoon you mean?" "That's what I said!"
And Jessie getting in on the action. Cheese!
This morning we had a Dr. appointment for Samantha and Emma's 4 year old well-child visit. This was the first visit for the girls to a new doctor, a doctor who didn't attend church with them. Emma was chatty, and Sammi was fairly quiet until this question came up.
"Do you guys have a TV?"
Insert excited chatter for 5 minutes about the tv we got several weeks ago.
Me "It's not plugged in."
The doctor laughed. "We do watch some netflix, though." I confessed. And then the girls promptly went on about how I forgot to brush Jessie's teeth Sunday morning before church. Proud parenting at it's best :)
Seriously, though. So thankful for another good visit, and a well-child report. And for chatty kids who quickly connected with this kindly man who looked in their eyes and addressed their fears. I think we found our primary physician, and this is another thanksgiving that makes our transition to Maryland easier.
1 comment:
super cute:) don't you love how kids have a way of just saying everything as it is!
Glad you had such a wonderful time with Mom and Erika - I'm thinking about making the drive your way this summer sometime...
Post a Comment