This little stinker loves cake, and sweets of all kinds. However, she prefers it in the forbidden format. For her birthday, it meant sneaking onto the kitchen counter and eating her cake by the fistful. On Samantha and Emma's birthday, it meant sneaking it off their plates while we were getting the gifts. Isn't this so true of all of us? We want someone else's life/kids/home because it looks better/easier/more blessed. But then I'm reminded that whatever God puts on my plate is perfectly suited just for me, and my Father is seeking my best. I'm so thankful for this little girl.

And for these little girls, who just turned 4. Yes, there are 8 candles - 4 for each of them, and they each got to decorate half of the cake. I can't believe that these little ones were just 6 lbs already 4 years ago, especially as they start learning gymnastics and bike riding, and letters. Their sweet natures, tender care towards each other and love of their family is such a gift. I was feeling sick yesterday, and they rubbed my back as I threw up, wrapped a blanket around my shoulders and offered to make me some tea :) God has blessed us more than we deserve, and we are so thankful for our three (possibly 4? :) daughters!
1 comment:
This sounded so much like you that it made me homesick for you! Love your message here, just what I needed to read, so thank-you!
Give the girls a huge hug and kiss for me!
Post a Comment