This little man turned one month last week. He spent a lot of his week doing this...
and this...
and this.
To celebrate we made a cake and a birthday hat. He was less than impressed, but Jessie more than made up for it. She had this hat jammed on his head before I could turn around and tell her that we were waiting for him to wake up before putting it on him.
Singing 'happy birthday' at the top of their lungs. Good thing Levi is pretty chill :)
Current stats:
Length. 22 1/2 inches - gained 1.5 inches since birth
Weight - 10 lbs, 4 oz, gained 12 oz
In other news, while admiring a pair of turkey vultures swooping low, we talked about their eating habits and Emma pipes up, "We should buy one of those!"
"You mean a turkey vulture?"
"Yeah, Daddy's been struggling with moles, and they eat them, so it's perfect! He can sleep in our basement, and we'll let him out during the day, and he won't fly away because we'll just say 'here turkey vulture' and he'll come, because we'll be nice to him."
Love that imagination!
Jessie, "I hear THUNDER! It's RAINING! Need UMBRELLA! Drip on HEAD" Yes, this was shrieked with joy and excitement. One of her favorite activities. Another favorite? HAIRCUTS! She got a haircut this week, and the hairdresser was cracking up because every two snips, Jessie would beam up at her, "HAIRCUT!!" Now she's looking forward to "CAMPING!!" which is shrieked spontaneously throughout the day.
Samantha, when found sobbing her heart out around 8:30 on the backyard bible clubs,
"I am just so tired, I just want to go to bed but there's so much to clean up!" I reassured her that there was plenty of help and she could crawl into bed, she cried even louder, "but they are all leaving and I don't want to leave it up to you!" That girl carries the weight of the world sometimes!
I love these little ones, and their individual strengths!




1 comment:
Can't WAIT to get ahold of that little guy!!!!! and the girls: ) So thankful that you update, can you send me a picture of him so I can put him on my blog?
Post a Comment