This is our current situation. Do we look a little desperate?
Well, we are! So far 5 out of 6 have fallen, starting with Francis.
Levi is the only one standing strong, but it looks like he might be coming down with it, and let me tell you, it is miserable! High fevers, body aches, painful coughs, and the chills have led to more watching TV in the last 7 days than in the previous 6 months! Jack has eaten numerous cough candies, and seems to like them. Jessie's birthday cake remained untouched in the fridge for almost a week.
My chalk board looks like a medication record. Our nights are like a night shift, and meals have been slim to nil. On the plus side, our grocery budget was nil, although I think the med purchases may have balanced it out.
Jessie is feeling better, though, and is walking around chanting, "Don't touch Levi's toys. Don't touch Levi." Now if the rest of us could summon enough energy to keep up with her...
Illness with a infant in the house is always a lesson in fear and faith. Before Levi even gets it, I've got him hospitalized with influenza A, childcare arrangements made for the girls, and plan x, y, z. Fears of sepsis, intubation and shock can parade around my mind unless I start talking truth to myself.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Mt 6:34
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you O LORD, make me dwell in safety." Ps 4:8
"I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121
And then I can sleep in peace and rest.
4 comments:
Oh no! We'll be praying for you all . Family sick days can test a mama like nothing else. ! Hang in there girl! xo
oh Laura, that sounded miserable! I love your MAR though! I know what you mean about fear...last week I diagnosed Isaiah with a bowel obstruction :)
Love you all!
Erika
I know, eh Erika? Francis just laughs whenever I come up with a diagnosis :) Then he says, "Really? What would you tell another mom to look for?" Sigh. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.. :)
Good thing you studied medicine and nursing! Your chalkboard made me feel like I was at our second "home" in ER again! ;)
Much better than trying to keep it all straight in your head when you are not 100% either!
Hoping this is SO a thing of the past, such a January thing!
Post a Comment