"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk so that by it you may grow in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." 1 Pet 2:2,3
He's not a newborn, but he has been giving me a very vivid picture of what it means. He screams, begs and demands to be fed. His back arches, he kicks and screams, crying big hot tears. He's inconsolable until his need has been satisfied, refusing to let up until his belly is full, and then he turns into a picture of contentment, at peace, happy.
Do I approach the Word with the same need? Prioritizing it, refusing to let the day's to-do list get in the way? Do my girls see me fighting for my devotion time, willing to let the rest wait until I've been satisfied? It's true that I am more contented, more peace-filled when it's the first thing. And we've been trying to do that, building time in our morning where we each take a section on the couch with our bibles.
Emma came home from bible study saying, "Mom, did you know that when your mouth and body are busy, it's hard to hear the Lord?" I am so thankful that we are attending a solid bible study that is teaching my children the importance of "Be still and know that I am God." Their teacher is very clear on distinguishing between 'nap time' and 'quiet Jesus time' and is teaching them solid truths that their little hearts are hiding up. These are beautiful things!
1 comment:
we learn so much from these little ones!
Post a Comment