Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October

Harper's Ferry, VA

I am so. ready.  September kind of kicked our/my butt.  August, I felt like we sort of had a handle on things.  Levi's patterns were getting predictable, and we had good flow to our days.  The kids were  mostly  clean, the house was looking half decent for at least an hour a day, and we had enough extra time in our days to go to the park or do something fun.

Friends and sisters

Then comes September.
And everything, everything kicks into high gear!  The bible studies start again.  Book study.  Sunday school.  Homeschooling.  Weekly meetings.  And I'm not going to lie.  I've been struggling to get all my work done.  Enough laundry was clean to keep us clothed, but sometimes not making it to the drawers before getting reused.  The readings were getting done, but barely before the deadline.  And how on earth were we going to homeschool?!?!?  But I was reminded that the Spirit is working.  God is on his throne, and things will either fall into place, or get kicked to the curb if it's not working.  A bible study lecture reminded me that good things will always be good things, but if they aren't the best things for this time and place, then Satan can distract us with many 'good things' and we just get busy, instead of being devoted.
Exploring Best Farm, a civil war landmark, Frederick MD

And then October happened.  And we've had 3 days of smooth-ish sailing.  And while it might all fall apart again tomorrow, we're catching our breath, and savoring one day at a time.  Here's to October!


No comments: