Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jessie




I know I've been posting a lot about Jessie lately. No, she's not our favorite :) (we don't have one!) It's just because I've been working on her baby album, and the deadline is Saturday so I've been pouring over 22 months of pictures mixed with medical records, weight gains, calendars of first steps and words, and I'm amazed at God's goodness. As with all our kids, it continues to boggle my mind that our great God would bless us with three wonderful, healthy girls. It amazes me that from day 1 God provides in amazing ways, allowing them to grow and providing us with the strength to parent them in the good and the difficult ways. Parenting Jessie has made me far more aware of my weakness and sinfulness. She has humbled me and made me pray often, and I'm thankful for it. For this kind of parenting reminds me over and over again of 2 Corinthians 12:9:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Thank you Lord for my weakness and your power, so God is glorified and I am strengthened.

God is good!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

i'm working on jacobs too:) nothing tears me up more than looking at their baby pictures!