Friday, April 9, 2010

Batting Butterflies




Laura's got a great idea. Let's go to the butterfly garden! Read books about butterflies with the girls. Talk about them. Get the girls dressed up for a great photoshoot. Good ideas. Bad ideas: dress the girls in bright colours, go when they are supposed to be napping and forget to tell them that butterflies actually fly. Oops.
Yes, sure enough, the bright colours attracted the butterflies. Unfortunately, this freaked the girls out, and they wanted to smash the butterflies. Also unfortunate is the fact that 80 year old volunteers almost have coronaries when their beloved butterflies get swatted at. So much for my photoshoot. So, here's what we were left with!


Francis demonstrating butterflies flying.



The favorite part of the show? The turtles in the aquarium downstairs :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ahh, its not in the planning we do for the kids but what we do when the plans don't go our way! I love it. I love how kids change the ideas in your mind for a perfect outing:) and I love seeing them so intent watching their Dad demonstrate a butterfly! Love you guys!