Another doctors appointment, another weigh-in... I thought the anxiety was done! For 3 days before the appointment, both girls were sick, very sick and quite miserable. This meant that intake was slim to none (besides hydration). I watched my efforts to bulk them up over the last month go down the drain. Once again, I was losing perspective. I thought I had won that battle, and yet it arose again. Questions of -am I a competent mom? Are the girls growing well? Are they where they are supposed to be? What if they are too low on the scale again? What will the doctor think of me? Will she know that I've been trying, or think that I disregarded her instructions? Once again, the pride monster came to the foreground! Yup, so in the end I was thankful that they hadn't eaten, and thankful that I was faced with that foolish, foolish battle! Perpective, girl! Think about it! Great, healthy babies who have normal immune systems that cause them to fight colds and germs, and feel ill. Yup, that's that! and in other news... pigtails! a little pathetic and premature, I know, but exciting never-the-less!

2 comments:
Hey Laura! Hang in there girl, the girls look so happy and content and healthy! and I love their pigtails :)
Love Linds
Hi Laura,
The pigtails are adorable! Elyssa hair is still WAY too short for anything other then bedhead.
I understand the weight thing ... Elyssa had finally really started eating and I was sure she would have put on a few pounds from her 1 year checkup, but nope, she only gained .2 of a pound in the last three months!! so frustrating. she is slowly falling off the charts.
but like your girls she is healthy and happy so we don't really need to worry.
take care,
Love Karin.
Post a Comment