Friday, October 24, 2008

Of teething and temperatures...

Oh, the blessing of Motrin!! As I write, I'm hearing baby squeals... meaning they are feeling better! Sammi's playing the piano, and Emma is laughing at her. Earlier this week, we weren't laughing. Em had a fever of 105.2!!!! Okay, hitting the panic button! I got home from a meeting and Fran asked me to check her (she had a fever the previous night, but was afebrile throughout the day). 105.2!!! Gulp... act calm, don't run to the hospital screaming "my precious baby!" (although every instinct is telling you to do that). Instead, call pediatrician, ask Her when do "we" panic. Act calm and rational Okay, ride it out if you can get it below 103, baths and tylenol. Let's just say it was a long night, BUT lo and behold, both she AND Sammi broke teeth the next day! Sammi handled it remarkably better :) Emma's in a little bit more agony, and would start screaming anytime Sammi came near her. And yes, Sammi seemed to be exploiting that fact, giggling the whole time! Fortunately that only lasted a couple of days. We even got to enjoy some great weather... going for long walk. It was such a gorgeous day, I walked and walked, singing/talking to the girls the whole time until I looked down and noticed this...

So, they slept for another 20 minutes while I collected the eggs... yes, our chickens are laying!! It's almost magical! When I was growing up, we got eggs from Fortinos. I mean, I knew they were from chickens, but it was a step removed. Now, I check the chicken coop everymorning, and return to the house with several still-warm eggs. Kinda gross, but kinda cool! It did take me a bit to try them (not wanting the magic to end by finding out they are disgusting) but they were really good! Well, I've got a spanish test in an hour, so I'd better go study..
ciao!

1 comment:

Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Hi Laura, I just clicked "next blog" and the next thought was, wow those are some cute babies! Congratulations on your adorable girls. I then clicked on your profile and found out we are in the same area! I am North of GR in Comstock Park. I am also a terrible blogger, which is to say I don't write much, but I wanted to send a shout out. Hi, neighbor!